So far the New Year has been pretty good. I am doing well and the kids are doing well.
Philip's first day back was kind of rough. He was "bouncing off the walls" and ended up with two time-outs which means he lost recess. The rest of the week was good for him.
Lindsay had a little bit of a rough time as well. It seems that she forgot her manners over the break. And she forgot that it is okay not to win every game. She lost a star one day because she was a bad sport after lossing a game they were playing. Things got a little bit better each day so yesterday she had a really good day even with me in the class. We'd talked about how she needs to be on her best behavior when I'm in the class helping out otherwise I will have to stop helping. She told me she is pretending that I am not her mom when I'm in there to help her remember to behave.
I am getting myself organized and think I have figured out the best way to get back on the fitness wagon. I am continuing to walk places and have started building extra exercise into daily life -- parking further away, taking a loop around the block after dropping off the kids. I need to start doing that right before I pick them up too. I've been looking at my schedule to see when I have time to fit in a few minutes of exercise at home. We have a Wii and Wii Fit so I can do some of that at various times during the day. That will be in addition to my time at the gym. I need to get back to that on a more regular basis now that the holiday rush is over.
What prompted this? Right before the holidays I bought a pair of 16 pants. I had a gc to this store and their petitie section ends at size 16 (they do have women's petite but I wanted to see what was in the petite area) and I decided to get a pair of these cute brown pants and I would just put them away for when I got down to that size. I got home and decided to try them on to see how close I was to fitting in them. They fit perfectly. I ended up going through all of my pants and jeans in my closet and got rid of everything that was too big. That left me with 2 pairs of jeans, the brown pants and a pair of khaki pants. Goodwill and Hope made out very well from me at the end of the year. Later I went through my shirts and got rid of all the tops that are too big (donations again) and threw out those that were torn or stained or just too awful to donate. My closet is no longer jammed with clothes. This was good on so many different levels. It was good because I hadn't realized that I had lost that much weight. I knew my pants were lose with some of them falling off me if I wasn't careful. I made some charity donations of good clothes and I got my closet cleaned out.
I want to keep going so I have another round of clothes to donate. Wouldn't it be wonderful to get to donate more clothes, have to get a new set of workout clothes because these ones I have are really way to big and get to shop for new clothes. I'll have to get new summer clothes as it is but wouldn't it be fantastic to be able to shop for them in an even smaller size?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment