Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Round Up

Disneyland was fun. It was hot and crowded but maybe not as much as other summer visits. But then it was kind of hard to know because we split up a lot this trip. I took Lindsay to Small World a number of times while James and Philip did Big Thunder Railroad, Splash Mountain and Pirates (over and over). As a family we did Astro Blasters a lot. We saw the 3D show, Honey I Shrunk the Audience and Lindsay was not thrilled by it. Then later we saw It's a Bug's Life and she hated it. James had to take her out early. I don't think she was going to trust us for a long time, then she discovered Midway Madness and her trust in us was restored.

Another new ride Philip tried this time around was Grizzle River Run. It is a white water rafting ride. It was fun. Fast Pass was fantastic this year. Very little wait, every one was pleasant.

Lindsay made some friends while we were there. It was fantastic watching her play with other kids going into first grade. She behaved wonderfully even when she was hot, tired and frustrated with lines.

Again this year we met someone we did not expect to while on vacation. My friend Krystal and her family. We were waiting to get on to Astro Blasters when her son grabbed Philip's arm and they started chatting away. Neither of us knew the other was going to be there. It was funny and very very nice.

Okay I think I'm rambling. I'll try to do better when I post the stuff about the first couple of days of school later on today or tomorrow.

No comments: